Ideas for things to do with babies/toddlers & older childrem
Cape Town - the Oceanarium, Planetarium, World of Birds, Table mountain, boat trips, beaches, forests and mountain trails.
- Hermanus and the Overberg - beaches and superb land and boat-based whale-watching.
- Little Karoo - Cango Caves to explore, ostrich farms where you can even ride the ostriches, the Cango wildlife ranch and many other child-orientated attractions.
- Garden Route - beaches; forest trails; boat cruises on the lagoon; steam trains; child-friendly game drives; boat trips to see the whales, dolphins and seals...
- Eastern Cape - malaria free Big Five game reserves; sandy beaches; Addo Elephant Park.
- Drakensberg Mountains - family-friendly mountain resort hotels with many activities for children and wonderful walking trails for all ages.
- Durban and the North Coast - for SA sun and swimming; Zulu villages with dancing displays; boat cruises; Natal Shark centre.
- Northern Provinces - malaria-free game reserves of Waterberg or Madikwe and the resort of Sun City with many attractions for children, including the Valley of the Waves, Camp Kwena holiday programme, from outdoor entertainment ranging from Adventure Golf to sophisticated Go-Kart tracks to indoor video arcades, ten pin bowling and soft play areas for smaller children.