Top long haul destinations for parents with babies and toddlers include Florida, Caribbean, Cape Town, Canada, Australia and Dubai.
" Long flights require excellent planning- a night stop over might be a good option "
All have been recommended for their friendly attitude to babies and excellent facilities.
When deciding to go on a long haul holiday things to take into consideration include:
- What vaccinations or malaria tablets if any are needed?
Visit our immunisations
page for more information
- What are the visa requirements? Visit our visa
section for more information
- What are the available medical facilities like? Regardless
or how good or bad they may be, always take out adequate medical
- Will it be too hot? Even if your hotel is air conditioned,
you won't want to spend your entire holiday indoors. Check
temperature charts for your destination and travel during
a comfortable season.
- How will you cope with the jet lag?
- Long flight times require good forward planning. Check out
HWB's section on getting there, for tips and advice on how
to prepare for a long haul flight.